Advanced Technologies available at Gilbert Eyecare
- Retinal Wellness Scans that simultaneously take a picture of the back of the eye and performs Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). The picture is excellent for photo documentation and comparing year to year changes. The OCT scans through individual layers of the eye and can measure thicknesses of the back of the eye. Changes in thickness are often the earliest signs of various eye disease.
- iCare Tonometers are used to check the pressure. This is in place of the “puff of air” test and causes no discomfort and requires no numbing drops.
- Tear Osmolarity testing gives a way to quantify dryness to help add to the clinical picture and help guide treatment options.
- Corneal Topographers are used to measure the curvature of the front surface of the eye when there is suspicion of a corneal disease.
- OCT utilization for fitting specialty contact lenses to measure and perfect the fit down to the micron.